This course, open to students in grades 9, will serve as a solid introduction to computer science and technology and the skills that will help you to thrive in the digital world.
Students will use a variety of online and school-based software programs to solve problems and to research, organize and present information through projects including:
- Game design and programming using Scratch and Python
- Media production skills Shotcut and Adobe Premiere Pro
- Drafting techniques, CADD/CAM and 3D printing
- 3D Modelling using Tinkercad and Fusion 360
- Internet of Things 2.0 (IOT)
- Keyboarding techniques
- Digital music and sound editing and podcast creation using Audacity
- Digital graphics using Adobe Photoshop, GIMP and Google Drawings
Students will be encouraged to apply the skills they develop in Info-Tech to create well- researched and presented multimedia projects for all of their courses. This class is hands-on and project-based.