This course, open to students in grades 11-12, is intended to move students beyond the basics from Explorations 9 & 11 onto the next step of learning in the various units offered.
Students will use a variety of online and school-based software programs to solve problems and to research, organize and present information through projects including:
- Programming beats and music using Earsketch and Python
- Media production skills Adobe Premiere Pro
- Drafting techniques, CADD/CAM and 3D printing using Fusion 360
- 3D Modelling using Blender
- Keyboarding techniques
- Digital music and sound editing and podcast creation using Audacity
- Digital graphics using Adobe Photoshop, GIMP, and available online programs
Students will be encouraged to apply the skills they develop in Info-Tech to create well- researched and presented multimedia projects for all of their courses. This class is hands-on and project-based.